Portfolio Management Manager Fellowship
Angeles Investors is looking for a Portfolio Management (PM) Lead who will be responsible for supporting portfolio companies and their consistent investors after deals are complete. The lead will serve as a bridge between Founders, Investors, and the Angeles investors Deal Leads in gathering and reporting key data on startup progress. The PM Lead will also develop, implement and execute on portfolio enhancement and support strategies to improve the likelihood of success for startups. Alongside these responsibilities, the PM Lead will be given opportunities to meet founders and perform due diligence on select startups.
The PM Lead is an ideal position for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who is comfortable communicating with both fast, agile founders as well as high-net-worth individuals (investors). The PM Lead should be eager to acquire hands-on experience within the realm of venture investing and care about the values and mission of Angeles Investors.
The Portfolio Management Lead reports directly to the Managing Directors as part of the larger Operations Team. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping empower Hispanic / Latinx founders, can commit to being involved for at least 3 months (extension at discretion of Angeles team) and can dedicate between 10 – 15 hours a week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Documenting essential company details at the time of investment to include pitch decks, due diligence materials, and deal closing documentation as provided by the Deal and Due Diligence Team.
- Managing a continuous record of company data and engagements with Angeles Investors, and recurring status updates from the startup.
- Communicate company status, performance, and help needed to the investors and wider membership in ad hoc releases, newsletters, and quarterly summaries.
- Identify, plan, and implement projects and improvements to the portfolio management process to increase value for members and startups alike.
- Soliciting, training, and supporting “Deal Leads” from the Angeles Investors membership to represent the organization’s investor base to startups.
- Model the financial performance of the aggregate Angeles Investors portfolio and report the status to the Angeles Investors Board of Directors quarterly.
- All Operating Team members (including the PM Lead) are have the opportunity to support investment activities, including conducting due diligence on startups and participating in meetings with entrepreneurs.
Skills needed for success:
- A passion for empowering the Hispanic & Latinx community through investment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and natural curiosity, coupled with an ability to lead projects both independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to create structured, efficient processes under ambiguity.
- Exceptional verbal communication and writing skills; experience with 3rd party communication services (i.e. MailChimp) is a bonus.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; comfort maintaining and analyzing databases of both structured and unstructured company data.
- Strong ability to develop, implement, and pivot strategies – moving fast and breaking things but diligently iterating on the best ideas, akin to the concepts of “Lean Startup”.
- Professional experience in portfolio management, investment modeling, wealth management or direct entrepreneurship at early stage companies is a plus.
This is a non-paid internship role. Angeles Investors has previously sponsored MBA students for course credit. Angeles Investors has had multiple interns gain full-time jobs in leading Venture Capital firms.
How to apply:
To successfully apply, please complete the application below and upload your your resume. Finalists will be invited for an interview.
About Angeles Investors:
Angeles Investors is a national community of Hispanic / Latinx investors that are uniting on the mission “To Find, Fund and Grow the most promising Hispanic & Latinx ventures”. Since inception in January of 2020, Angeles has grown membership to over 100 members and has invested approximately $5 million into 16 companies.